What is Pegasus Scribble
Pegasus Technologies manufactures a digital pen, which can be used
in three different ways:
- Connected to a computer, it can function as a mouse pointer.
- Connected to a computer, it can also send XY coordinates, which
can be used in custom applications, for example a note taking
- Disconnected from the computer, the device can be attached to
ordinary paper and will record notes a user writes on that paper.
Several pages can be stored this way on the device and be downloaded
afterwards to the PC for reading and editing.
Pegasus Technologies offers applications for Microsoft Windows and
Mac OSX, but not for Linux. However, they made the communication protocol
Pegasus Scribble uses this information to implement a software for linux.
It consists basically of two parts:
- A low-level library for communicating with the device over
USB, using libusb. Other developpers can use this library to
create other applications.
- A custom application, based on the just described library, which
allows to use the functionality provided by the hardware under Linux:
- Usage as an ordinary mouse
- A custom note taking application which stores it's pages in .ps format
- Downloades stored notes from the device
- Erase stored notes on the device
- Switch between mouse and pen mode
Download the latest version of Pegasus Scribble from sourceforge
Pegasus Scribble is open source and licensed under GPL. The authors are in
no way connected to Pegasus Technologies.